[Mimedefang] upgrading 2.51 to 2.57

NFN Smith worldoff9908 at sacbeemail.com
Wed Nov 15 17:10:58 EST 2006

I'm in the process of upgrading several servers from MD 2.51 to 2.57.

The servers are Debian Sarge, running sendmail 8.13.8, and the 2.57
installation was done by Debian package, taken from the Testing branch.

As far as I'm aware all the MD config settings on each server are
identical, and we have one server that's been running for several weeks
on a 2.57 installation.

However, on one server, something is amiss, and I'm not seeing how to
fix it.

On this particular box, when MD starts, it allocates slaves to inbound
messages, but when 10 slaves are allocated, then I start getting error
messages that look like:

    mfconnect: No free slaves: Need 1, found 0

And we start temp failing messages.  Senders see:

   451 4.3.2 Please try again later

On this box, the sendmail configs are somewhat different from the boxes
where things seem to be working correctly.

I checked the Changelog, and found the incompatibility note about
detect_and_load_perl_modules(), and added that to my filter file, but
following a restart of MD, I'm not getting any different results.

Any idea of what I'm missing?

Smith