[Mimedefang] x64 compatible?

John Nemeth jnemeth at victoria.tc.ca
Sun Nov 12 15:37:41 EST 2006

On Apr 4,  6:06am, mimedefang at jameswcurtis.com wrote:
}
} Is anyone running mimedefang on 64-bit OS?  I've been working with
} mimedefang for quite a while now, and decided to try it out on a new
} 64-bit server.  I installed the 64 bit Fedora Core 6, and followed
} the procedure that I do whenever a new FC version comes out to
}
} [root at mg2950 bin]# service mimedefang start
}
} Starting mimedefang-multiplexor:                           [  OK  ]
}
} Starting mimedefang: /bin/bash: line 1: 10811 Segmentation fault
} /usr/bin/mimedefang -P /var/spool/MIMEDefang/mimedefang.pid -m
} /var/spool/MIMEDefang/mimedefang-multiplexor.sock -R -1 -U defang -q -p
} /var/spool/MIMEDefang/mimedefang.sock
}
}                                                            [FAILED]
}
}
} I even tried going to the 2.58 version and it did the same thing.  I
} install mimedefang using the source, and the mimedefang.spec file to
} create an rpm, but this time it isn't working.  I haven't tried on a
} 32 bit FC6 yet, so it may be FC6 itself.

{4} uname -a
NetBSD xxx 3.0 NetBSD 3.0 (XXX) #2: Thu Nov  2 19:01:01 PST 2006  root@:/sys/arch/amd64/compile/XXX amd64
                    ^^^^^

{5} pkg_info | grep mimedefang
mimedefang-2.56     To inspect/modify e-mail as it passes through your mail relay

Not a lick of trouble.

}-- End of excerpt from mimedefang at jameswcurtis.com