[Mimedefang] x64 compatible?

mimedefang at jameswcurtis.com mimedefang at jameswcurtis.com
Sun Nov 12 11:31:05 EST 2006

Is anyone running mimedefang on 64-bit OS?  I’ve been working with mimedefang
for quite a while now, and decided to try it out on a new 64-bit server.  I
installed the 64 bit Fedora Core 6, and followed the procedure that I do
whenever a new FC version comes out to re-install. Sendmail appears to be
working, Spamassassin appears to be working, clamav appears to be working, but
Mimedefang will not start.  This is the first time I have had this problem.  I
get the error:

[root at mg2950 bin]# service mimedefang start

Starting mimedefang-multiplexor:                           [  OK  ]

Starting mimedefang: /bin/bash: line 1: 10811 Segmentation fault
/usr/bin/mimedefang -P /var/spool/MIMEDefang/mimedefang.pid -m
/var/spool/MIMEDefang/mimedefang-multiplexor.sock -R -1 -U defang -q -p
/var/spool/MIMEDefang/mimedefang.sock

                                                           [FAILED]

I even tried going to the 2.58 version and it did the same thing.  I install
mimedefang using the source, and the mimedefang.spec file to create an rpm, but
this time it isn’t working.  I haven’t tried on a 32 bit FC6 yet, so it may be
FC6 itself.

Any help?

Bill Curtis