[Mimedefang] Re: netset: cannot include w.x.y.z as it has already been included

Alan Premselaar alien at 12inch.com
Wed Nov 8 04:43:58 EST 2006

Matt Kettler wrote:
> Gilles Hamel wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> We are running v3.1.5 with mimedefang.
>> Here is our setup :
>>
>> ---- our own MTA with spamassassin ---/-- MTA at our ISP, our MX is HERE w.x.y.z ----/---- INTERNET
>>
>> In the local.cf file we have :
>> trusted_networks w.x.y.z # Our MX
>>
>> Every time mimedefang spawn a child, we get this warning in log file.
>> If we remove the trusted_networks parameter, the warning vanishes.
>>
>> Can you explain the reason of this warning ?
>>
>> Thank you
>>

> Is there a duplicate setting in some other config file, ie: sa-mimedfang.cf?

I've just done a new install of mimedefang 2.58 with spamassassin 3.17
and have confirmed that there are no duplicate settings in any of the
config files in /etc/mail/spamassassin.

also /etc/mail/sa-mimedefang.cf is a symbolic link to
/etc/mail/spamassassin/sa-mimedefang.cf for forwards compatibility.

the error happens once each for every network included in either
trusted_networks or internal_networks.

as an example in sa-mimedefang.cf:

trusted_networks 1.1.1.1/32 2.2.2.2/32
internal_networks 127.0.0.1/32 3.3.3.0/24

the error in my log files are:

mimedefang-multiplexor[PID]: Slave 1 stderr: netset: cannot include
1.1.1.1/32 as it has already been included
mimedefang-multiplexor[PID]: Slave 1 stderr: netset: cannot include
2.2.2.2/32 as it has already been included
mimedefang-multiplexor[PID]: Slave 1 stderr: netset: cannot include
127.0.0.1/32 as it has already been included
mimedefang-multiplexor[PID]: Slave 1 stderr: netset: cannot include
3.3.3.0/24 as it has already been included

This doesn't appear to be causing any problems, however.

cross-posting to mimedefang list as well.

Alan