[Mimedefang] Scoring inconsistency question

Kevin A. McGrail kmcgrail at pccc.com
Mon Nov 6 07:47:05 EST 2006

Tim:

It looks to me like you might be adding headers to the email that you are
hoping that SA will trigger off.  My understanding and experience with this
technique is as follows:

MIMEDefang is a sendmail milter. (albeit the coolest)

If you use the add/delete/change header functions in MIMEDefang, it queues
them up and then issues them to sendmail when the milter EXITS.

This means if you run MIMEDefang, change a bunch of headers, then your
milter calls SpamAssassin, SA will NOT receive all of your nice new headers.

To get SA to work with the headers you changed, you have to modify INPUTMSG
which is the file sent to SA.

I use append_header_immediately in this filter to make this happen:
http://www.peregrinehw.com/downloads/MIMEDefang/mimedefang-filter-KAM

As DFS put it, "holy overhead batman" so caveat empor...

Regards,
KAM