[Mimedefang] Mimedefang Adding Footer

Jan-Pieter Cornet johnpc at xs4all.nl
Fri Nov 3 07:37:36 EST 2006

On Fri, Nov 03, 2006 at 11:21:12AM -0000, Terry Rogers wrote:
> I currently have the following setup in my mimedefang-filter file in
> /etc/mail ...
[...]
> This is urgent and requires implementing ASAP.

The easiest solution seems to be to disable all footers. That way,
not only have you disabled the footers in the requested cases, but
you will also make most of the rest of the world happy by not feeding
them useless footers! :)

> I need this to be modified so that any mail going from @mydomain.com to
> @mydomain2.com, @mydomain3.com, @mydomain4.com or @mydomain.com does not
> have the filter added. This also needs to be the case for @mydomain2.com,
> @mydomain3.com and @mydomain4.com.

How about mail from @mydomain.com going to @aol.com but with a Cc
to supervisor at mydomain2.com?

If you solve the problem of how to handle mails to multiple recipients,
each needing a different portion of lawyerese swearing auto-attached,
then writing that down in perl is quite trivial by inspecting $Sender
and the @Recipients array.

Giving you the solution (whatever it would be) right here is likely
to get you addicted to this forum as an instant support group :). I'd
suggest getting a local perl hacker to code it if you can't do it
yourself. Or a good book on perl, it's really not that hard...

--
Jan-Pieter Cornet <johnpc at xs4all.nl>
!! Disclamer: The addressee of this email is not the intended recipient. !!