[Mimedefang] SPF

Vladimír Solnický vs-ml at email.cz
Thu Nov 2 18:52:49 EST 2006

2. 11. 2006 napsal(a) David F. Skoll na téma ,Re: [Mimedefang] SPF`:

> Apparently, an e-mail someone sent from within our network (ie, it
> had an SPF "pass") was bounced by a broken server because of SPF.  That
> was the final straw.

Was it possible to distinguish if it was SPF or Sender-ID (which AFAIK
tends to use SPF records with an incorrect presumption of not only
envelope from)? I am asking as I have considered setting SPF records (only
pass or neutral, no soft or hard fails) for some time and I am still not
sure if it helps or breaks something...

Thanks and regards,

Vladimír
--
Vladimír Solnický (Vladimir Solnicky in ASCII)
Píši pouze za sebe / Speaking for myself only ...