[Mimedefang] LZW, Gifs, and fingerprinting stock spams

leloup leloup at gmx.de
Thu Nov 2 06:32:32 EST 2006

Am Mittwoch November 1 2006 15:48 schrieb Dave Helton:
> I have had very good success with this plugin for SA.
>
> http://wiki.apache.org/spamassassin/FuzzyOcrPlugin
>
> config file allows you to add/remove keywords, and the program
> keeps a hash of known images so that they are not ocr'ed again.

I am using it as well since some days. Works quite amazing, even with the
provided short but reasonable wordlist.

One fine thing also is, that you can tune it not to scan mails which already
got a spamassassin score over a certain treshold. So you won't have to do an
OCR on mails with images spamassassin already marked as spam :-)

Jürgen