[Mimedefang] use Net::LDAP and file descriptor error.

Matthew Schumacher matt.s at aptalaska.net
Wed Nov 1 17:04:11 EST 2006

List,

This code:

sub filter_initialize {
  use Net::LDAP;
}

Causes me to get this error:

mimedefang-multiplexor[612]: WARNING: Something in your Perl filter
appears to have opened a file descriptor outside of any function.  With
embedded Perl, you should move any code that opens a file descriptor
into filter_initialize.  On some systems, the C library may opena
descriptor, but you should verify your filter just in case.

Since I'm putting it in filter_initialize and my filters seem to work
fine I'm thinking that I can safely ignore it, but I want to double
check with the list.

Anyone have thoughts on why this wouldn't work?

schu