[Mimedefang] info cuestions

Jonas Eckerman jonas_lists at frukt.org
Wed Nov 1 12:18:18 EST 2006

> I need to know subject, sender, recipient in filter_sender

Why?

Any check you want to do based on sender, recipient and subject can be done in filter_begin.

> ¿I can obtain this data?

Not in "filter_sender".

The callback "filter_sender" is called from the SMTP command "MAIL FROM". That is before the sending server tells your system about the recipients and before the actual mail (in wich the subject can be found) is sent.

> Also i need know the size of a message (i use sendmail/milter) Sendmail
> have this data but i do not know how i can get this data.

Of course you can't do this in "filter_sender", as "filter_sender" is called before your system even knows if the sender wants to send a message.

In "filter_begin" and later you can do this:
(-s './INPUTMSG')
or this:
(stat('./INPUTMSG'))[7]

/Jonas