[Mimedefang] DNS and MX records

netguy netguy at sound-networking.com
Mon May 15 08:43:09 EDT 2006

Hi all

[snip]

>> It was described in a now-expired ietf document
>> draft-delany-nullmx-00.txt,
>> still available at:
>> http://ietfreport.isoc.org/all-ids/draft-delany-nullmx-00.txt

This does not answer the question of how to stop spammers from using
network resources.  So that is probably very wishfull thinking but if
another avenue could be taken away from them...  Spam is sent to
domain.tld WITHOUT checking MX records.

I don't believe that I am unique in that I host domains behind a
firewall with ONE live IP addy.  I suspect that there are many folks out
there doing on a small scale what the big boys do.  I don't want to be a
'big boy', but I do want to provide my customers excellent service.
After all, I can change stuff faster than the big boys which keeps my
customers happy.  For example, how long did it take AOL, Netscape, MSN
... etc ... to get into some sort of filtering?  I think that it was
about 5 years after I did.  Yahoo's MX servers still spew spam on
occasion but they get the rogue user shut down in time.  Want to talk
about Verizone and RR?  Geesh, even sending abuse@ a small little note
gets you nowhere fast.

The world isn't perfect but I try to keep my little corner of it as
close to as I can.

Keep up the good work!

todh