[Mimedefang] Another silly idea

Ben Kamen bkamen at benjammin.net
Wed May 3 12:19:10 EDT 2006

The one thing that comes to mind with us in the US needing to enter the
age of technology:

Don't tell us that - we know. The problem is the ISP's want the
dumbest people they can find to maximize their investment of their company.

That means 99% of the folks of the engineering staff typically
can't even SPELL D-N-S, let alone use a program like 'vi'.

After a year of flawless operation, I had a problem with my DSL line from SBC
and after months of arguing back and forth and getting 5 techs on the line at
various levels in the company, not a single one of them knew anything about
TCP/IP (which was part of my problem). We eventually determined through the ever
scientific process of "swapping out boxes until it works" that they made a
change on one of their PPPoE or gateway servers sometime 6 months ago that was
now causing my problem.

Their solution: I should buy a new DSL modem.

My Solution: I cancelled my account. I spend enough time on the computer at work. :)

We won't even get into the whole process of canceling my service and all the
problems I had there.

  -Ben

--
Ben Kamen - O.D.T, S.P.