[Mimedefang] milter smorgas board

Richard Laager rlaager at wiktel.com
Mon May 1 18:51:35 EDT 2006

On Mon, 2006-05-01 at 14:12 -0400, Jeff Rife wrote:
> The milter-sender description reminded me...
> Does anybody have any experiences with this sort of callback check?

We use it, including a database cache to lighten the load.

Since we do reject on it, I can't say how efficient it is compared to
other tests. From a quick log search, I see this test rejects about
38,000 messages per week, after things like RBLs and HELO checks (which
block about 15,74,000 messages per week.)

In general, my philosophy is that anything which can prevent a
SpamAssassin run is good. Running SA on a message is very CPU intensive
and involves lots of network queries as well.

Richard