[Mimedefang] Stupid feature request

Chris Myers chris at by-design.net
Mon May 1 18:03:09 EDT 2006

>> John Rudd wrote:
>>
>> Any chance for a command-line/rc file option to turn off mime decoding?
>
> David Skoll replied:
> Someone else asked this just the other day. :-)  Yes, I'll probably
> make such an option.

Instead of a command-line option to disable it, how about adding:

1) sub filter_headers() that is called before the body is even sent by
sendmail to mimedefang, and
2) sub filter_undecoded() that is called before the body is decoded.

Both subroutines could return accept (keep going), tempfail, reject or
accept_and_no_more_filtering.

filter_headers would be a more efficient way to implement greylisting at the
DATA phase.

filter_undecoded would be handy for spamtraps that want to do some minimal
processing or resending without the full-blown overhead of decoding and
going through filter_begin through filter_end.

Chris Myers
Networks By Design