[Mimedefang] Occasional crashes - out of memory

Jim Hatfield subscriber at insignia.com
Wed May 17 05:46:25 EDT 2006

I've noticed this happening from time to time,
both at work and at home:

> May 17 10:20:51 field mimedefang-multiplexor[536]: Slave 1 stderr: Out of memory during request for 23160 bytes, total sbrk() is 27359232 bytes!
> May 17 10:20:51 field mimedefang-multiplexor[536]: Slave 1 died prematurely -- check your filter rules
> May 17 10:20:51 field mimedefang[552]: Error from multiplexor: ERR No response from slave

This particular one was an email confirming a job interview,
which I didn't receive so didn't show up - kind of focused my
attention a bit!

The machine has 1Gb of swap space and all it does now is mail
handling and a bit of DNS so I'm surprised it could have run
out of memory.