[Mimedefang] Hacking in authenticated local submissions

Philip Prindeville philipp_subx at redfish-solutions.com
Mon May 15 13:33:40 EDT 2006

I'm using port 465 and SSL for local submissions, and I'd like
to tweak either Mdf or SA (or both) so that if I forward (for
instance) a copy of a spam to someone outside, that I in
turn don't get my message rejected because it looks like spam.

Now, why isn't trusted_networks taking effect?  Because I
might be connecting via the public Internet (and using IMAPS
and SMTPS to converse with my mail server).

Do we want to change the line:

    if ($Features{"SpamAssassin"}) {

in mimedefang-filter, for instance, to skip this check if $auth_authen
is valid?

-Philip