[Mimedefang] DNS and MX records

netguy netguy at www.sound-networking.com
Tue May 9 06:34:17 EDT 2006

Hi all

Please tell me that I am NOT weird?

Receintly I updated DNS for a few domains.  My registrar gives the
option of assigning an IP addy for domain.tld without having an alias:
mail.domain.tld  Ok, says I, lets give it a go.  Bam!  Slam, Spam
started invading my privacy.  This leads me to believe either:
    1. Mail ( spam ) in this case is being sent to domain names without
doing MX lookups.
    2. I screwed something up.

So I went in and unassigned that IP from domain.tld and that Spam stopped.

Will look into this further to make sure that I have the domain setup
proper.

todh