[Mimedefang] Using per-list SA policies

Philip Prindeville philipp_subx at redfish-solutions.com
Wed May 24 13:58:33 EDT 2006

I was wondering... Since MdF can be used to invoke SA, and it can
extract information from the headers such as a the envelope recipient
information...  I was wondering about a lot of the ML's on
lists.sourceforge.net.

They get a lot of spam.  Especially open forums like alsa-devel that you
don't have to be subscribed to in order to post to.

So I was wondering if MdF could be used to have a clever hack
where one could see if the message was going to a single recipient
(in this case, the local recipient would be a list name) and try to have
SA apply additional rules for that list.

I.e. you might have a site-wide policy, that says you can't post if:

INVALID_DATE
DATE_IN_PAST_96_XX
DATE_IN_FUTURE_96_XX

are fired...  And you might have a specific set of rules for a list like
alsa-devel (the 'L' in ALSA is for Linux, so it might be reasonable
to assume that no one will be posting with charset='windows-1252'...
it's also an English language list, so having 'ok_languages en' would
be reasonable as well).

Is there a straightforward way to implement this?  Because having
a single policy work effectively across all lists on SF isn't going to
happen...

-Philip