[Mimedefang] Sendmail X

Stephen John Smoogen smooge at gmail.com
Mon May 22 14:50:30 EDT 2006

On 5/22/06, Stephen John Smoogen <smooge at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 5/22/06, Harley Race <flyingboxcutter at yahoo.com> wrote:
> > Is there any support for Sendmail X?
> >

> I rather doubt it. Sendmail-X seems to be at proof of concept stage
> and uses a completely different architecture than sendmail-8.x.y

I think the killer would also be:

The first release of sendmail X (X.0) is intended to be used as a
secure and efficient mail gateway. It offers features that are not
available in sendmail 8 (or some other open source MTAs), but it does
not provide any mail content modification capabilities, e.g.,
masquerading of addresses or changing (addition, removal) of headers.
Later versions will probably add such capabilities.

From: http://www.sendmail.org/sm-X/index.html