[Mimedefang] Hacking in authenticated local submissions

Matthew Schumacher matt.s at aptalaska.net
Mon May 15 13:42:17 EDT 2006

Philip Prindeville wrote:
> I'm using port 465 and SSL for local submissions, and I'd like
> to tweak either Mdf or SA (or both) so that if I forward (for
> instance) a copy of a spam to someone outside, that I in
> turn don't get my message rejected because it looks like spam.
>
> Now, why isn't trusted_networks taking effect?  Because I
> might be connecting via the public Internet (and using IMAPS
> and SMTPS to converse with my mail server).
>
> Do we want to change the line:
>
>    if ($Features{"SpamAssassin"}) {
>
> in mimedefang-filter, for instance, to skip this check if $auth_authen
> is valid?
>
> -Philip

Philip,

Go read this page: http://sial.org/howto/mimedefang/macro-pass/ .  It
describes how to setup sendmail to pass macros to mimedefang.  Use it to
pass a macro that tells MD whether the user authenticated or not.  If
this user authenticated, and you trust them, then just omit them from
spam filtering altogether.

schu