[Mimedefang] DNS and MX records

Steffen Kaiser skmimedefang at smail.inf.fh-bonn-rhein-sieg.de
Mon May 15 04:23:19 EDT 2006

On Sat, 13 May 2006, netguy wrote:

> reply and/or voice their opinions, thanks.  I did not ever get a definitive
> answer so I figured that I was treading on new ground; sorta.  It seems to me

Hmm, these is something you should keep in mind that postmaster@ and
abuse@ are to be available in @domain.tld, which MAY receive any
complaints for all subdomains of it.

Hey, I found it::

RFC2142: Section 2

"2.  INVARIANTS

    For well known names that are not related to specific protocols, only
    the organization's top level domain name are required to be valid.
    For example, if an Internet service provider's domain name is
    COMPANY.COM, then the <ABUSE at COMPANY.COM> address must be valid and
    supported, even though the customers whose activity generates
    complaints use hosts with more specific domain names like
    SHELL1.COMPANY.COM.  Note, however, that it is valid and encouraged
    to support mailbox names for sub-domains, as appropriate."

I use this, too, in order to notify postmaster about problems with domains
etc.

Bye,

--
Steffen Kaiser