[Mimedefang] DNS and MX records

Matthew.van.Eerde at hbinc.com Matthew.van.Eerde at hbinc.com
Wed May 10 17:13:14 EDT 2006

Jan Pieter Cornet wrote:
> On Wed, May 10, 2006 at 02:48:42PM -0400, Kevin A. McGrail wrote:
>> Further, I believe there really is a "standard' to publish a blank
>> MX record at priority 0 but I think I heard about it from Jan-Pieter
>> Cornet.  Anyone know if this has a real RFC or anything?
>
> It was described in a now-expired ietf document
> draft-delany-nullmx-00.txt, still available at:
> http://ietfreport.isoc.org/all-ids/draft-delany-nullmx-00.txt

How about

MX 1 nomail.example.com.

?  Since this does not resolve (nomail.example.com is not a valid domain, and never will be), mail being sent their should result in immediate rejection, no?

--
Matthew.van.Eerde (at) hbinc.com               805.964.4554 x902
Hispanic Business Inc./HireDiversity.com       Software Engineer