[Mimedefang] DNS and MX records

John Rudd john at rudd.cc
Wed May 10 15:46:52 EDT 2006

On May 10, 2006, at 12:09, Les Mikesell wrote:

> On Wed, 2006-05-10 at 11:19, John Rudd wrote:
>>
>> b) not having the hosts answer on port 25, or if they're shared among
>> multiple domains, have them refuse email directed at recipients of
>> that
>> domain.
>
> The place this is likely to be a problem is where you have
> virtual web servers with names in lots of domains pointing
> to the same box and you do want to accept mail for some
> of those names.

What you mention was covered by the 2nd part of my "b" item.  If the
host is shared among multiple domains [and you want it to answer for
some, but not all, of those domains], have them/it refuse email
directed at recipients of that domain [that you don't want to receive
email].  Pretty easy to do with filter_recipient.