[Mimedefang] Another silly idea

Jeff Rife mimedefang at nabs.net
Wed May 3 20:42:33 EDT 2006

On 3 May 2006 at 10:33, David F. Skoll wrote:

> > Congratulations.  You have an ISP that will configure that for you.  Not
> > all will for any amount of money.
>
> In most places, you can switch ISPs if the one you're using is not giving
> good service.  I realize there are some places with virtual monopolies,
> and I also realize that switching ISPs is a hassle, but unless consumers
> vote with their wallets, ISPs won't be motivated to improve their
> services.

I am voting with my wallet.

I pay $100/month for a 15Mbps down/2Mbps up line with 5 static IPs and
no ports blocked.  There isn't any other ISP that provides better than
a T1 for my outgoing servers for anywhere close to $100/month.

So, I just fight until they finally get the DNS change that I
want...hopefully that won't take the 6 months that it has taken other
people.

--
Jeff Rife | "I'm worse than Hitler?!?"