[Mimedefang] Re: [ot] rant about changing ISPs being ludicrous

John Rudd john at rudd.cc
Wed May 3 12:54:48 EDT 2006

You know, you don't necessarily have to switch ISP's.  There are quite
a few virtual hosting companies out there (I don't have any off the top
of my head).  For just a few $/mo, you get a self-managed virtual host
where you can set up and run whatever web or mail service you want.

I've considered that path, actually.  My home line could be dirt cheap
at that point (or only paying above dirt cheap to get extra speed), and
the email bandwidth and CPU-time wouldn't come out of my home
system(s).  But, it would be just enough effort to change everything
that it's not quite worth the little bit of savings.