[Mimedefang] Stupid feature request

John Rudd john at rudd.cc
Mon May 1 05:48:41 EDT 2006

Any chance for a command-line/rc file option to turn off mime decoding?
  (and thus disable filter and filter_multipart since there wont be any
per-attachment checks)

The point being that if you're doing your virus and filename checks
elsewhere, why not cut your CPU costs to a minimum?  Since the mime
decoding would be wasted effort, for the most part.

I expect that the mime decoding is actually a fairly minor impact
(compared to, say, spam assassin), but I don't know for sure just how
much impact it has, and someone mentioned it in a discussion I'm having
on another list.