[Mimedefang] Writing to an MBOX file

Les Mikesell les at futuresource.com
Tue Mar 21 09:43:09 EST 2006

On Tue, 2006-03-21 at 08:17, Cormack, Ken wrote:
> > I'd use add_recipient() and let sendmail/procmail worry about
> > the details of the file format and locking.  You might have to
> > add a dummy user to own the mailbox, though.
>
> That is exactly what we've done recently.  In sub filter_end()...
>
>     # WHEN A MESSAGE IS SENT TO THE SPECIFIED
>     # RECIPIENT, ALSO COPY A LOCAL ON-DISK MAILBOX
>     foreach $recip(@Recipients) {
>         if ($recip =~ /SomeTestAccount\@yahoo\.com/i) {
>             add_recipient ('debug at localhost');
>             last;
>         }
>     }

Has anyone come up with a scheme to duplicate all local user's
mail to a different server - perhaps before any filtering
happens?  I don't need this right now but have wondered
it it would be possible to use a 2nd machine with all
the same accounts as a drop for a copy of all received
email and use one of the web mail interfaces for it.  Then
if anything is accidentally filtered, or you just need
a backup copy of something accidentally deleted you could
grab it from there.

--
  Les Mikesell
   les at futuresource.com