[Mimedefang] Re: Per-recipient customization (David Eisner)

Matthew.van.Eerde at hbinc.com Matthew.van.Eerde at hbinc.com
Wed Mar 29 12:00:47 EST 2006

Dirk the Daring wrote:
> I'll probably make my code sample into a Wiki page.

Yes, please do... from a standards/lost-mail POV your algorithm is very useful.

A variation on your algorithm would be to put greylisting here:

if ( $numrcpts < 1 )
{
}
else
{
	if ( $numrcpts < $totalrcpts )
		{
		# GREYLISTING WOULD GO HERE, if appropriate... action_tempfail(...) plus a database, say.
		md_syslog('info', "[$MsgID] filter_end: permit from $Sender with SPAM score $hits to $numrcpts of $totalrcpts addresses");
		}
	}
}

... but the pros/cons of greylisting vary greatly from site to site.

--
Matthew.van.Eerde (at) hbinc.com               805.964.4554 x902
Hispanic Business Inc./HireDiversity.com       Software Engineer