[Mimedefang] Is it possible to change envelope "from" ?

Joseph Brennan brennan at columbia.edu
Tue Mar 28 15:08:34 EST 2006

--On Tuesday, March 28, 2006 14:31 -0500 Adam Lanier
<adam at krusty.madoff.com> wrote:

> On Tue, 2006-03-28 at 21:13 +0200, Christoph wrote:
>> I use sendmail+mimedefang as a mailrelay between internal and external
>> mailserver. I ve got a problem that some mails are not accepted by the
>> internal mailserver:
>> ( 501 Syntax error, parameters in command "MAIL From:.....
>> 501 5.6.0 Data format error )
>> Is it possible to change the "envelope from" with mimedefang to produce
>> a rfc  conform syntax ?

This is not what you ask for, but my inclination would be to reject
the same mail on the mailrelay, if you can determine what the illegal
syntax is.  Is legitimate mail triggering this?

The internal server isn't doing something silly like rejecting mail
from:<>, is it?

Joseph Brennan