[Mimedefang] FYI: sendmail vulnerability just announced

Jan Pieter Cornet johnpc at xs4all.nl
Thu Mar 23 03:03:19 EST 2006

On Wed, Mar 22, 2006 at 09:12:35PM -0500, David F. Skoll wrote:
> > Do we need to re-compile MimeDefang & SpamAssassin for upgrading
> > Sendmail to ver 8.13.6?
>
> No.

It _is_ advisable to re"compile" your sendmail.cf and any other .cf
files you're using, though, since there were patches to the cf/*/*.m4
files in the 8.13.6 release (I noticed roaringpenguin.com hasn't, for
example :)

Nothing security related there, though.

--
Jan-Pieter Cornet <johnpc at xs4all.nl>
!! Disc lamer: The addressee of this email is not the intended recipient. !!