[Mimedefang] More solaris problems

Jan Pieter Cornet johnpc at xs4all.nl
Tue Mar 21 18:09:18 EST 2006

On Tue, Mar 21, 2006 at 07:30:52PM -0300, Fernando Gleiser wrote:
> it seems I'm out of luck with that Sun box. Everything (except syslog) is
> up and runing, but the performance is awful. as soon as I start mimedefang
> the box falls to its knees. I tried making /var/spool/MIMEDefang/
> a swap-backed file system, but that didn't help. I'm starting to believe
> this box isn't powerful enough to run MD
>
> # uname -a
> SunOS mail 5.8 Generic_108528-06 sun4u sparc SUNW,UltraAX-i2
>
> bash-2.03# prtconf  | head -5
> System Configuration:  Sun Microsystems  sun4u
> Memory size: 256 Megabytes
> System Peripherals (Software Nodes):
>
> SUNW,UltraAX-i2
>
> Is there anything I can try to make it run in this box? replacing it is
> out of the question for political reasons.

256MByte is awfully limited these days. Adding more RAM might help.
Maybe you are starting too many slaves? Maybe try it with MX_MAXIMUM=2.
Also enabling embeded perl might help save some memory.

I'd seriously consider upgrading the available RAM to like 4GByte.

--
Jan-Pieter Cornet <johnpc at xs4all.nl>
!! Disc lamer: The addressee of this email is not the intended recipient. !!