[Mimedefang] More solaris problems

Fernando Gleiser fgleiser at cactus.fi.uba.ar
Tue Mar 21 17:30:52 EST 2006

it seems I'm out of luck with that Sun box. Everything (except syslog) is
up and runing, but the performance is awful. as soon as I start mimedefang
the box falls to its knees. I tried making /var/spool/MIMEDefang/
a swap-backed file system, but that didn't help. I'm starting to believe
this box isn't powerful enough to run MD

# uname -a
SunOS mail 5.8 Generic_108528-06 sun4u sparc SUNW,UltraAX-i2

bash-2.03# prtconf  | head -5
System Configuration:  Sun Microsystems  sun4u
Memory size: 256 Megabytes
System Peripherals (Software Nodes):

SUNW,UltraAX-i2

Is there anything I can try to make it run in this box? replacing it is
out of the question for political reasons.

 			Fer