[Mimedefang] Writing to an MBOX file

Kenneth Porter shiva at sewingwitch.com
Tue Mar 21 08:45:16 EST 2006

--On Tuesday, March 21, 2006 2:17 PM +0100 Steffen Kaiser
<skmimedefang at smail.inf.fh-bonn-rhein-sieg.de> wrote:

> during filter_begin() or filter_end(), you'll have a local file
> './ENTIRE_MESSAGE' holding the entire message. Append a newline, a "From
> $Sender\n" and the content of that file to your mbox file. However, read
> about mbox locking, if you want to read that mailbox, simultaneously.

I think the From line needs a little bit more info. I ran into problems
with a Mailman archive when I fed it to Dovecot, my IMAP server, because it
didn't like the abbreviated From line. It thought the whole file was one
big message. Looking at one of my mbox files, it appears that a datestamp
is needed on the end of the line.