[Mimedefang] [OT] Fw: Interesting Phishing Trick

Kevin A. McGrail kmcgrail at pccc.com
Fri Mar 17 12:59:27 EST 2006

David:

After testing and researching this rule for a few days, I found it has
pretty high FPs almost always on legitimate advertisements and mailing lists
as well as aggregated news reports.  A lot of them seem to use url
shortening techniques ala tinyurl that cause this issue to rear it's head.
I don't think this is a good rule.

Regards,
KAM