[Mimedefang] Redirect spam

Matthew.van.Eerde at hbinc.com Matthew.van.Eerde at hbinc.com
Thu Mar 16 20:59:20 EST 2006

KAM wrote:
> Matthew van Eerde
>> I think it would be better to omit the wrapping.  action_add_header
>> adds a line to a file of milter commands.  Embedding newlines in a particular
>> command is dangerous.  I'm guessing that libmilter will wrap long
>> headers for you.
>
> I've used this text::wrap for ages to build a SpamAssassin-esque rules
> header and A) believe it is safe and B) believe it is necessary to be
> RFC compliant.

You're right, I'm wrong.

There's no danger in embedding the newlines because the content of the header is %dd-encoded in the file.

The documentation for smfi_addheader says that "Neither the name nor the value of the header is checked for standards compliance. It is the filter writer's responsibility to ensure that no standards are violated."

--
Matthew.van.Eerde (at) hbinc.com               805.964.4554 x902
Hispanic Business Inc./HireDiversity.com       Software Engineer