[Mimedefang] Mimedefang 2.56 and SA 3.1.1 - Idle slaves

David F. Skoll dfs at roaringpenguin.com
Wed Mar 15 14:28:37 EST 2006

Martin Blapp wrote:

> Have you already tried Mimedefang together with SA 3.1.1 ?

Yes, I'm running it in production.

> I've experienced some problems with slaves getting idle and
> not processing anymore anything after some timeout in pyzor,
> razor, dcc has occured.

Ah.  I don't use pyzor, razor or DCC, so I don't know what this could be.

> The Changelog of SA 3.1.1. reads:
> Bug 4696: consolidated fixes for timeout bugs

Right.  They've wrapped all their alarm() calls into a class.  I looked
at the code and it looked OK to me.

(Oh, and by the way:  If any SpamAssassin developers are on the list, could
you please fire whoever wrote this in Dns.pm:

    package Mail::SpamAssassin::Dns;
    1;
    package Mail::SpamAssassin::PerMsgStatus;

Thanks!)