[Mimedefang] Accept mail before processing

Roberto Machado racm at centroin.com.br
Tue Mar 14 14:22:48 EST 2006

On Tue, 14 Mar 2006, -ray wrote:

> I know I would loose functionality like immediately rejecting bad
> recipients, a feature some MUA users like.  But assumed a bad rcpt
> bounce would be returned to the original sender, right?

  Early bad recipient rejection is a must in my opinion, specially if
  you're dealing with untrusted senders. I would implement another
  milter in the frontend mailer, just to check for bad recipients. Or
  you could use standard sendmail features, like the access-map (maybe
  through LDAP tables). Don't tell anyone, but I construct an
  access-map using my passwd and praliases with a cronjob, and install
  it in my external server periodically. It might not be the best
  performance solution, but it works very well for my 20k message/day
  server. Before that, it was a homemade milter which rad a .db file,
  but I dropped it when I could reproduce the same with access.db, and
  because I couldn't make my milter and milter-greylist work together.

Regards,

Roberto