[Mimedefang] Where is my "quota exceeded" message?

Roberto Machado racm at centroin.com.br
Tue Mar 14 14:05:13 EST 2006

Hi, Jan!

Thank you very much for your reply!

On Mon, 13 Mar 2006, Jan Pieter Cornet wrote:

> However, sendmail should normally also include STDERR of the
> delivery agent, which should include the message you saw. I don't
> know why that is missing.

  Yes! That is the issue.

  [... on rejecting per recipient within filter_recipient ...]

> Note that it is perfectly acceptable to reject such mails on a per-RCPT
> basis, without failing the entire email, and it has always been like
> that in Mimedefang as far as I knew, so you might have misread the
> documentation.

  [...]

  Hm, I'll definately check on thet. Maybe my confusion came from this
  excerpt:

" filter_recipient must return a two-to-five element list whose
interpretation is the same as for filter_relay and filter_sender.
Note, however, that if filter_recipient returns 'DISCARD', then the
entire message for all recipients is discarded.  (It doesn't really
make sense, but that's how Milter works.)"

  Thanks again, you response has been very elucidative, and I'll search
  the archives for you code.

Best wishes!

Roberto