[Mimedefang] Re: [SURBL-Discuss] Fw: Interesting Phishing Trick

Kenneth Porter shiva at sewingwitch.com
Thu Mar 9 00:31:09 EST 2006

--On Wednesday, March 08, 2006 10:12 PM -0500 "David F. Skoll"
<dfs at roaringpenguin.com> wrote:

> Ooh!  You're onto something!  Allowing only strictly-validated HTML
> would have the same effect as disallowing HTML altogether, but would
> be far easier to justify to the PHBs as a
> security/compliance/standards/pick_your_buzzword issue...

I'm not religiously opposed to HTML, if its ability to carry spam and
viruses is neutered. (That includes rejecting the same material rejected by
most web forums.)

So does anyone know of a good plug-in validator that can be dropped into MD
relatively painlessly? I know the W3C online validator has been released
for local website deployment (to validate private web pages).

<http://validator.w3.org/source/>

Other validators:

<http://www.htmlhelp.com/tools/validator/>
<http://valet.webthing.com/page/>