[Mimedefang] razor2 problems

John Kennedy jk+defang at csuchico.edu
Mon Mar 6 17:51:17 EST 2006

On Fri, Mar 03, 2006 at 10:28:31AM -0500, David Eisner wrote:
> John Kennedy wrote:
> >  In short:
> >	I've added $SALocalTestsOnly = 0
> >	I know both sa-mimedefang.cf and mimedefang-filter are being used
> >	Standalone tests from "defang" user show razor checks
> >	I see no evidence of razor checks added to headers/reports
> >	I don't see the .log file in ~defang/.razor getting updated (by MD)
> This may not be your problem, but in /etc/mail/spamassassin/v310.pre, I 
> uncommented Razor2 loadplugin line:
> # Razor2 - perform Razor2 message checks.
> #
> # Razor2 is disabled here because it is not available for unlimited free
> # use.  It is currently free for personal use, subject to capacity
> # constraints.  See the Cloudmark SpamNet Service Policy for more details.
> #
> loadplugin Mail::SpamAssassin::Plugin::Razor2
> I haven't thought enough about why this isn't having an effect when you 
> run it by hand.

  I believe I've found my problem.  Testing now.

  When I installed it, SpamAssassin put its configuration files (*.pre) in
/etc/opt/mail/spamassassin, but the .cf files ended up in a much different
place -- /opt/mx/share/spamassassin.

  Copying init.pre and v310.pre over under /opt/mx/... seems to have fixed
my problem.

More information about the MIMEDefang mailing list