[Mimedefang] Should I try to do MIMEDefang with Mailscannerforbackup MX

Steve Campbell campbell at cnpapers.com
Mon Jun 26 09:38:14 EDT 2006

A little more on my setup here might clear up some discussions on how my
sendmail is delivering, etc.

I use the Local Domains (CW) to allow sendmail to determine if it should
accept mail for userx at domain.tld. All users of a domain are on the same
machine. sendmail then checks to see if a user is valid or not, and either
delivers it or rejects it. It goes no farther than this. This is how my
primary works

I use the mailertable to let sendmail know where to send other domains'
email. sendmail relays this to the primary MX/mailbox host for that domain,
where it then acts like the first paragraph description. This is how my
secondaries work.

Either server can function as both of the above, depending on which domain
the email is destined for.

All of this discussion is about the second paragraph above, and how to stop
unnecessary relaying when mail comes in to the secondary.

Thanks,

Steve