[Mimedefang] ANNOUCEMENT: Net::validMX v2.2.0 now available.

Kevin A. McGrail kmcgrail at pccc.com
Thu Jun 1 23:27:19 EDT 2006

Paul:

Thanks.  A fix will be immediately applied for the ='s.

Also 192.168.X.X is fine if the MX records also contains internet accessible
addresses.  So:

munged.com IN MX 25 [legit ip]
munged.com IN MX 10 [privatized ip]

should work fine because it tests that the address should be "eventually"
deliverable.

I added this test to 02-pass.t if you want to test yourself before the next
release:

is( test('test at test7.peregrinehw.com'), 1, 'Test for DNS where MX1 is
private, MX2 is private but MX3 is a valid internet address');

You can also manually change $flag_intranets = 1 to 0 if you want to avoid
these checks.

Anyway, I'll overload the functions to allow more user variability. Look for
this in the next release quite shortly. The premise is to allow:
check_valid_mx(email=>'test at www.thoughtworthy.com', flag_intranets=>'false')
or
check_valid_mx(test at www.thoughtworthy.com')

99.9% sure I can do this without a hitch.

Thanks,
KAM