[Mimedefang] no filtering happening , no errors to be seen - how to troubleshoot?

Kitione Lalakomacoi kitione at lalakomacoi.com
Wed Jun 28 15:01:29 EDT 2006

> Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2006 09:46:05 +0200 (CEST)
> From: Steffen Kaiser <skmimedefang at smail.inf.fh-bonn-rhein-sieg.de>

[...]

> 1) E.g.: use md_syslog() in all your filter_* functions to log the information you care
> about in your filter.

pardon my ignorance, but i really don't know how to use md_syslog()
very well.  What parameters should i use with md_syslog()?

should i fiddle with the line that says
"md_graphdefang_log_enable('mail', 1);" at all?

> 2) Put a new header in your mail.
>
> BTW: Did you checked for the X-Scanned-By header in the mail?

i have unconditionally called "action_add_header("X-Bugger","e-mail
buggered by mimedefang"); at the begining of filter_end().

neither that header or X-Scanned-By is added.

i think you recommended putting this in filter_begin() in a later
message, i'm trying that now

> Are your multiplexor running with the correct settings?

do you know where i could find a checklist of correct settings?

how do you display multiplexor settings?  I do something like "ps -U
defang -o command" and i don't get the full length of the command
displayed

i just startup the multiplexor using the startup script provided in
the examples directory which i stick in rc.d without any edits, which
is what worked for me in the past.

Regards,

Kiti