[Mimedefang] Distributed access lists

Kenneth Porter shiva at sewingwitch.com
Sun Jun 25 18:20:04 EDT 2006

--On Saturday, June 24, 2006 7:27 PM -0400 Steve Campbell
<campbell at cnpapers.com> wrote:

> Not sure what this is. What type of records would this be placed under?
> Can you give me an example, or is this ACL type stuff?

DNS is a database. So is the sendmail access list. So put the access list
in DNS, and you can look up a username to determine if it's valid. You
could store more complex information in the right-hand side of a DNS TXT
record.

Alas, DNS only has 2 key fields, domain name and record type, and there's
no wildcarding in the key lookup.