[Mimedefang] Re: Simplified single purpose mimedefang-filter

reader at newsguy.com reader at newsguy.com
Sun Jun 25 12:54:41 EDT 2006

A final note here mainly for anyone who uses some search engine and
hits this thread.

I resolved my problem by setting my local running sendmail to
`masquerade as' newsguy.com (it really runs on (an unknown to
INTERNET) homeboy made local private lan IP)

The fact that it works with an apparent sender as from `newsguy.com'
appear to cause whatever blockage was happening somewhere past my ISP
to be by-passed.  These settings in sendmail.mc:

  MASQUERADE_AS(`newsguy.com')dnl
  MASQUERADE_DOMAIN(`local.lan')dnl
  FEATURE(masquerade_envelope)dnl

Allow my mail to get delivered.