[Mimedefang] MIMEDefang 2.57 is Released

David F. Skoll dfs at roaringpenguin.com
Tue Jun 20 10:48:31 EDT 2006

Hello,

MIMEDefang 2.57 has been released and is available at
http://www.mimedefang.org/node.php?id=1

Please note that I've disabled comments on the main MIMEDefang web
site because of comment spam. :-(

The main change from 2.56 is a new scheduling algorithm that tries
to reuse the same set of slaves for a given command.  That is, it
will do it's best to run all filter_relays on one set of slaves,
filter_senders on another, etc.

There's also a new "hload" command that shows load over the last 1, 4, 12
and 24 hours.  It's a long-timeframe complement to "load".

Complete changelog since 2.56 follows.

2006-06-19  David F. Skoll  <dfs at roaringpenguin.com>

	*  VERSION 2.57 RELEASED

	* suggested-minimum-filter-for-windows-clients: Explicitly set
	$entity variable in filter_begin.

	* mimedefang.pl.in: If clamdscan fails with zip module failure,
	attempt to use scanner in $Features{'Virus:CLAMAV'} rather than
	a hard-coded call to "clamscan"

2006-05-04  David F. Skoll  <dfs at roaringpenguin.com>

	*  VERSION 2.57-BETA-1 RELEASED

	* Minor fixes to man pages.  Some cleanups courtesy of
	Brandon Hutchinson

	* mimedefang-multiplexor.c: New "md-mx-ctrl hload" command keeps track
	of load for past 1, 4, 12 and 24 hours.  Gives long-term data to
	complement the short-term "md-mx-ctrl load" data.

	* mimedefang-multiplexor: New scheduling algorithm tries to keep
	commands "sticky".  For example, when looking for a slave to run
	"recipok", we prefer to use a slave that recently ran "recipok".
	NOTE!!! If your filter incorrectly retains state from earlier
	callbacks into filter_begin, this scheduling change WILL expose
	the bugs in your filter.

	* mimedefang.c: Bug fix for NULL pointer dereference when running
	"sendmail -bs".  Problem noted by Leena Heino.

	* mimedefang.pl.in: Fix for FPROTD integration courtesy of
	Jonathan Hankins.

	* mimedefang.pl.in: Fix for H+BEDV integration courtesy of
	Thorsten Schlichting.

	* mimedefang.pl.in: Pass LOCAL_STATE_DIR => '/var/lib' to
	Mail::SpamAssassin constructor.  If your LOCAL_STATE_DIR
	is elsewhere, you'll have to hack the Perl code, I'm afraid.

2006-02-13  David F. Skoll  <dfs at roaringpenguin.com>

	*  VERSION 2.56 RELEASED