[Mimedefang] Sendmail 8.13.7 relased

Jan-Pieter Cornet johnpc at xs4all.nl
Thu Jun 15 09:18:11 EDT 2006

On Thu, Jun 15, 2006 at 08:35:56AM -0400, Cormack, Ken wrote:
> > But I'm just speculating here: handwaving, educated guesses, some
> > astrology, and reading the intestines of a freshly slaughtered goat,
> > which is the first thing to consult in case of sendmail troubles
> > anyway.
>
> You just reminded me of a quote...
> "It's not black magic, but there are legitimate technical reasons why
> sendmail configuration requires the sacrificing of a live chicken."

Ah, see? I should've used a chicken, not a goat. My bad.

I'm now under the impression that the default limit of 50 MIME
attachments in MD is not enough, since sendmail 8.13.6 already
contains a hard limit of 20 MAXMIMENESTING. But it's still guesswork,
I can't be certain without a good test (ie: exploit).

Also: I have a patch against MIME::Parser to support a max_depth
limit, but that's still untested (well, it passes the basic "make
test" but that doesn't include tests for max_depth). I hopefully
have a chance to finish that this evening... (otherwise it'll have
to wait until tuesday, or someone should step forward and take over).

--
Jan-Pieter Cornet <johnpc at xs4all.nl>
!! Disc lamer: The addressee of this email is not the intended recipient. !!