File::Scan (was Re: [Mimedefang] Embedded Perl multiplexor onDebian - sarge Error)

Kayne Kruse kkruse at pointone.com
Thu Jul 20 10:46:09 EDT 2006

On Thu, 2006-07-20 at 10:03 -0400, David F. Skoll wrote:

> In fact, I'd never looked closely at File::Scan before.
>
> I have removed support for File::Scan from MIMEDefang completely; the
> next release won't support it.  If you want to continue to use it, you'll
> have to write the supporting code in your filter file.  I can't in good
> conscience have built-in support for such a terrible module.
>
> Regards,
>
> David.

Well, join the club.  I guess its only defense is, where else is it
going to put that information.  I guess they could have distributed it
with a database type file, but have not.  Im still okay on that front
tho thanks to clam.  Only reason I had it to begin with was as an extra
scanner.  Call me paranoid, but the cost of two scanners is worth the
cpu time just to be extra safe.  Its not like Im doing 10s of 1000s of
emails a day.  Averaging around 150 mails/hr through 1 mimedefang box
hideously underpowered.  :D

KK