[Mimedefang] MIMEDefang with spamd - opinions?

Cormack, Ken ken.cormack at roadway.com
Mon Jul 24 12:52:33 EDT 2006

List,

I'm interested in running MIMEDefang with spamd, as described on the MD wiki
site, and I'm wondering if anyone has any stories to tell, any high praise
for the results, or tails of any "gotchas" not described on the wiki.  Over
the years that I've been running MD w/ SA, my traffic has increased, I'm
running several more additional rulesets (SARE, etc.), and just in general,
my boxes are working harder than in years past.

If I understand things correctly, the savings come largely in RAM, and in
the overhead of starting new SA threads with each message.  'Zat right?

Thanks all, for any feedback.

Ken