File::Scan (was Re: [Mimedefang] Embedded Perl multiplexor on Debian - sarge Error)

David F. Skoll dfs at roaringpenguin.com
Thu Jul 20 10:03:50 EDT 2006

Kayne Kruse wrote:

> Now Take david, hes a rather nice person.  Now that I said that, why do
> you support this monstrosity?  :)  That was some hideous code, makes me
> want to puke shellcodes in the morning! :D  Anywho, note taken and I
> yanked that crap out.

In fact, I'd never looked closely at File::Scan before.

I have removed support for File::Scan from MIMEDefang completely; the
next release won't support it.  If you want to continue to use it, you'll
have to write the supporting code in your filter file.  I can't in good
conscience have built-in support for such a terrible module.